USB driver installation made easy
Zadig is a Windows application that installs generic USB drivers, such as WinUSB, libusb-win32/libusb0.sys or libusbK, to help you access USB devices.
It can be especially useful for cases where:
- you want to access a device using a libusb-based application
- you want to upgrade a generic USB driver
- you want to access a device using WinUSB
Note: "libusb-based" above means an application that uses either libusb, libusb-win32 or libusbK.
Windows 7 or later.
Windows XP and Windows Vista are NO LONGER SUPPORTED
Download the executable and run it — no installation is necessary.
If elevation is required, you will be prompted for it.
An usage guide for Zadig is available HERE.
The executable is digitally signed and the signature should state: "Akeo Consulting"
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A Zadig FAQ is available HERE.
To provide feedback, report a bug or request an enhancement please use the github issue tracker. Or you can send an e-mail.
GNU General Public License (GPL) version 3 or later.
You are free to distribute, modify or even sell the software, insofar as you respect the GPLv3 license.
Zadig is based on libwdi which uses an LGPL version 3 or later license.
The executable is produced in a 100% transparent manner, from its public source, using a multilib MinGW-w64 environment.
- Version 2.3 (2016.01.22)
- Fix issues with extended characters in current user directory
- Drop Windows XP and Windows Vista support
- Embedded drivers: WinUSB v6.1.7600.16385, libusb-win32 v220.127.116.11, libusbK v18.104.22.168 & usbser (native)
- Other Versions
If you are a developer, you are very much encouraged to tinker with Zadig/libwdi and submit patches.